Monday, October 17, 2011

Baptismal waters.....19 years today as a Baptist but also as Baby

Today 19 years ago I entered the Baptismal waters where I was worried they would drown me because my sins were many.  But I realize that it is a process that was my public declaration to God of my love for him because so much had happened that I needed that reminder as 16 year old adult that I was.  I mean it was a romantic idea that I could be a new creation in Christ and start again.  God brought me to a Baptist church but I never denied my Catholic up-bringing becasue there I learned reverence.  But in these last few days as I have conversations with many wonderful catholic people I think this society makes Catholics feel like that is not legit.  It is in my book.  Gosh do I remember my first communion and I still hold on to that invitation that Christ made to me to partake in this blessed sacrament.  I guess what I am saying is we all need a moment like a wedding, baptism, graduation a post mark of an achievement.  But the important thing for me even 19 years later is that I am a daughter of God and that DAILY I SEEK TO HAVE A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP.  Because guess what I am a sinner saved by grace.  I am in need of God and his GRACE is sufficient for me and all of us who seek him!  So seek your God and dare to find faith, hope and love!!!!